Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 455 G8 Notebook PC (1Y9H1AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I found two issues with my HP ProBook 455 G8:

1. When I try to left/right click with the Touchpad on Windows 10 (or in the BIOS), it does nothing. (Works fine on Linux though.)
  2. Sometimes when a new window appears, the touchpad starts selecting text on its own. (This does not happen when I disable the touchpad in the Control Panel.)

I just bought this laptop a few days ago, and this problem has been happening from the very first day. BIOS updates didn't solve the issue. Neither did installing the newest HP drivers that the self-service website detected for me as needing install. In fact, the Touchpad does not seem to have a HP-specific driver, but a Windows-generic one. I have Windows 10 version 21H2.

I normally use an external USB mouse, but it would be nicer to get the touchpad work too.

Can you help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Problem got solved somehow. I just updated my BIOS to version 01.09.10 Rev.A, then tried again. Since then:

* BIOS finally accept left clicks.

* Windows 10 left/right clicks work.

* I haven't tested if the touchpad selects text on its own in Win 10 though...

I guess if the BIOS is fixed too it has to be the BIOS update that fixed it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You and me both and I have brought 2 of them with another on the way. Seems to help with a long press but then doesn't, double click is horrible. Will check to see if there is an app/setting to alter the sensitivity for it. Control Panel Mouse Settings maybe...anyway its annoying and frankly almost impossible to use as it is. 

HP Recommended

Problem got solved somehow. I just updated my BIOS to version 01.09.10 Rev.A, then tried again. Since then:

* BIOS finally accept left clicks.

* Windows 10 left/right clicks work.

* I haven't tested if the touchpad selects text on its own in Win 10 though...

I guess if the BIOS is fixed too it has to be the BIOS update that fixed it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.