Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hiya,

I am using a HP - 15-BS115dx notebook. Having trouble with my touchpad ( Synaptics SMBs touchpad ). I have tried to -

Update the drivers

Full restart

Nothing seems to work. When I try to update the drivers manually, I get a Code 24 error ) message

Pls suggest any alternate solutions. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

Here is a link that will help you with it: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-bs100-laptop-pc/16851388/model/20353503 

Select the Operating System version and proceed further.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @AI77 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I see that you are facing touchpad-related issues with your system. Do not worry, we are here to help you with it.

I would suggest you reinstall the touchpad driver to see any difference. Please follow the steps below:

• On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R (the r key) at the same time to invoke the Run box.
  • Type or paste devmgmt.msc. Click OK to open Device Manager.
  • Click to expand the category your device is in. Right-click the device you need to reinstall the driver for, then select Uninstall device.
  • In the pop-up window, check the box next to Delete the driver software for this device. Click Uninstall.
  • Restart your PC.

Once done, you should see that Windows has automatically configured your device with the generic driver.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello!

We haven’t heard from you in a while, this post is with reference to the thread you had created at your  

friendly neighborhood (HP Support Community). 

I would like to know if the resolution we provided worked for you? If you have any other queries, feel free to reply at any time, and thank you for being a valuable member of our HP Family. 

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

Have a great day ahead! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @AI77

I hope you are doing good.

We reached out but never heard back. Do you still need assistance? Let me know if there is anything else you need assistance with.

Have a great day! 

Thanks! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Sorry for the late response on this and thank you for the suggested solution. 

Unfortunately that doesn't do the trick, has already tried it. It says the drivers are upto date, yet shows the yellow symbol next to the touchpad and it doesn't respond. 

What might help is the link on the hp page where I could find drivers and then try to manually install them. 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

Here is a link that will help you with it: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-15-bs100-laptop-pc/16851388/model/20353503 

Select the Operating System version and proceed further.

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello!

We haven’t heard from you in a while, this post is with reference to the thread you had created at your  

friendly neighborhood (HP Support Community). 

I would like to know if the resolution we provided worked for you? If you have any other queries, feel free to reply at any time, and thank you for being a valuable member of our HP Family. 

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

Have a great day ahead! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @AI1977

I hope you are doing good.

We reached out but never heard back. Do you still need assistance? Let me know if there is anything else you need assistance with.

Have a great day! 

Thanks! 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you for all the help, I was able to get in the new drivers to fix my issue.

thank you once again

HP Recommended

That's great!

I am happy to hear that.

If you need any assistance in the future, you can contact us. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.