Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I badly need your help.

I have a HP Spectre 13-3000 laptop. It initially came with windows 8 and later got a free windows 10 upgrade. Few months back I reformatted the machine and since then I am having problem with the touch pad.

Following things are not working :

1. For clicking I have to "tap" which moves the mouseelse where unless done very carefully.
2. The right click (context click) does not work.
3. Dragging is not happening

I tried updating the BIOS, synaptics driver but all in vain. Can you please help ?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@shaileng, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To isolate the issue, I would like to know the following:

How did you reinstall the Windows, retail copy or the OEM version?

Have you tried using an external mouse?

Try uninstalling the Touchpad drivers:

Press Windows+X to open the menu, and choose Device Manager on it. 

2. In the device manager, expand category "Mice and other pointing devices". 

3. Under this category, right click on your Synaptics Touchpad driver and click on Uninstall. 

4. You may be required to confirm the uninstallation. Check the box next to "Delete the driver software for this device" and click OK button. 

5. Restart your PC for the change to take effect. After restarting. Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver. 

6. Do not perform any manual upgrades to the driver until it does automatically 

Refer to this document to know how to use the touchpad.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.