Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15m-cn0012dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Touchpad not working.  Updated bios per other postings.  NOTHING.  Does not show up in device manager.  Cannot get the driver from the website.  It just says 3 minutes, but 48 hours later, still churning.  Never owned an HP before, but have had so many issues.  Replaced the battery, but it will not calibrate.  First and last HP, back to Dell.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @JMBanks 

? Is your product number (p/n): 3VU70UA

Check if it's the same:

press [winkey] + r

( run command )

msinfo32

copy / paste the System SKU value

( example, not your product number ! )

msinfo32msinfo32

best regards

HP Recommended

Hello @JMBanks 

(1) Connect external (wired) usb mouse to work without touchpad

(2Activate windows optional updates

1. Click on Start  and select Settings⚙.
  2. Select Windows Update from the menu on the left.
  3. Click on Advanced options.
  4. Click on Optional updates ( select all and confirm )

(3Check for windows updates

1. Click on Start  and select Settings⚙.
  2. Select Windows Update from the menu on the left.
  3. Click on Check for updates. If Windows Update says your PC is up to date, then all current updates are installed on your PC.

ub6424_0-1657036840955.png

(3) Reboot and test again ...

best regards

HP Recommended

YES

HP Recommended

There is no optional updates options I can see in advanced settings.  I checked and updated the latest settings and rebooted, and nothing.  I still cannot get the touchpad driver off the HP website.  No touchpad in the device manager.

HP Recommended

3VU70UA#ABA

HP Recommended

(1) Update BIOS

HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)

F.28 Rev.A10.0 MBApr 19, 2022Download

Why should you install the update ?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4123786-2338478-16

Quote: "

Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:

• An available BIOS update resolves a specific issue or improves computer performance.
  • The current BIOS does not support a hardware component or a Windows upgrade.
  • HP Support recommends installing a specific BIOS update.

"

(2) Install touchpad driver

Synaptics TouchPad Driver (Windows 10 v1903)

19.5.35.41 Rev.D24.2 MBMay 27, 2019Download

(3) Restart and test again ...

HP Recommended

Also having some issues with my touchpad. Brand new HP Laptop 17-cp0756ng, purchased at the end of January. I had another HP laptop in the past which I really liked, except for the touchpad which occasionally drove me crazy when it would get stuck in click position. I always figured it was normal wear so I didn't think much of it and endured my touchpad's mood swings...
But here's the kicker: my brand new HP is doing the same **bleep** thing. The touchpad frequently sticks in a click position, and becomes totally unusable. I ran hardware tests, but in the end it really looks like a physical issue: the lower left corner of the touchpad is noticeably sunken, and has been this way pretty much since I purchased the laptop. Initially it worked fine, but after a month or so, it already begun to act up. What should I do?

HP Recommended

Hello @MartCorr please open a new topic, send me the link to it and I will help you.

HP Laptop 17-cp0756ng

Add your product number (p/n): 3Y5E7EA

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.