Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre Folio 13 convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Win10 1909 here with the latest 1909 Synaptics touchpad driver.  Scrolling left n right works but not up and down In Samsung DeX for PC.  I know it isn't DeX for PC's issue coz the same app runs on my desktop just fine with Apple touchpad, it's only with the Spectre Folio that I'm having this problem.  Is there anyway to install Windows precision driver instead?  It's making DeX unusable on the HP...  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@larbel Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the touchpad scroll not working on Samsung Dex on PC.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Have you tried to connect to a different USB port?

Perform the USB port test and check orf the issue.

1. Power off the PC and make sure that it is completely powered off.

2. Press the power button and the moment you press the power button immediately start tapping F2 key, you should see the system diagnostics screen.

3. Look for the component test, under that all the hardware will be listed, please choose USB and initiate the quick test.

Note: If it fails it will generate a 24 digits alphanumeric failure id, please capture that.

Please let us know the result.

If the test is passed, please perform the system reset and check.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I'm talking about the built in touchpad and it's driver, nothing to do with USB port.  While I appreciate someone trying to help, but generic or not even reading the message answer really doesn't help me at all.  

HP Recommended

@larbel

I understand your concerns.

Have you tried to install the touchpad drivers for 1903 and checked?

Please click the below link to download the drivers. 

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96501-97000/sp96822.exe

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.