10-13-2020 09:45 AM
Hello. Tell me how to disable the touchpad on a notebook? After updating windows, the tab with synaptics smbus disappeared. I tried everything.
10-15-2020 01:40 PM
@Kirill_Tolkache Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that you would like to disable the touchpad.
Please perform the below steps and check.
Press Windows Key + R and enter regedit. Press Enter or click OK.
1. When Registry Editor opens, go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTPEnhkey in the left pane.
2. In the right pane, right-click the empty space and choose New > DWORD (32-bit Value).
3. Enter DisableIntPDFeature as the name of the new DWORD and double click it to open its properties.
4. Select the Hexadecimal option and change the Value data to 33. Click OK.
5. Close Registry Editor and restart your PC.
After making these changes in the registry, you should see the option to disable your touchpad in Mouse settings.
Press Windows Key + X to open the Win + X menu and select Control Panel from the list.
When Control Panel opens, go to Hardware and Sound section and select Mouse.
1. When the Mouse settings window opens, you should see the ELAN or Device Settings tab. Switch to it.
2. Locate Disable internal pointing device when the external USB pointing device is attached option and enable it.
Click Apply and OK to save changes.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
10-18-2020 10:32 AM
I understand your concerns.
In that case, I would suggest you perform the system reset.
Windows 10 has a reset feature that repairs your computer by reinstalling the operating system. This feature is recommended for recovery because it reinstalls Windows 10 while either preserving your personal data and customizations or removing all your personal data.
You have a choice of two methods to reset your computer.
If Windows 10 loads correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset in Windows in this document.
If Windows 10 does not start correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset through Windows Recovery Environment in this document.
Have a nice day!!