cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bart27
New member
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
121
Flag Post

Solved!

Trackpad not working

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15-ep0170nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey,

 

so I have some problems with my trackpad. 70% of the time my trackpad is working fine, but the other 30% my trackpas does (barely) not respond. Sometimes this is after a few minutes, and sometimes after 2 hours of watching shows. Here is a demonstration of what I mean. As you see I use my laptop’s trackpad but it is barely responding. 

i have updated all the updates via HP support Assistent and the windows updater. Hopefully some of you know the answer eto my problem.

 

Kind regards, Bart

if that not works this is the link: https://youtu.be/McmeqgS13BU

1 REPLY 1
praveenbv
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
2,764 2,763 101 135
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@Bart27, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

 

I understand that touchpad has stopped working on your PC.

 

As you mentioned that touchpad is not getting listed in the device manager.

 

Have you tried checking with an external mouse? Does the external mouse work?

 

BIOS is updated?

 

Please try the steps recommended below.

 

Click the Device Settings or the Click Pad Settings tab of Mouse Properties. If you have a Synaptic device, the tab includes the Synaptic icon. 

Select the desired touchpad under the Devices list, and then click either Enable to turn on the device.

 

On some touchpads, you can turn the Touchpad on or off by double tapping in the upper-left corner of the Touchpad. Double-tap to turn the Touchpad on, repeat to turn the Touchpad off.

 

Refer to this article to further troubleshoot touchpad issues.

 

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation