Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to use 2 monitors plugged into an HDMI splitter going into the single HDMI out on my laptop.  One monitor is just HDMI to HDMI and it works perfectly fine with or without the splitter.  The second monitor is a samsung s24c230L and it uses a DVI to HDMI cable.  Plugging the DVI to HDMI cable directly into the laptop works perfectly fine.  When plugged into the splitter (even by itself) it does not work, but reacts as though it recognizes it's just been plugged in.  The first monitor( the one that works always) also does not work only when the second monitor is also plugged into the splitter. the only way it will work with both monitors plugged in, is if i unplug the monitor that doesnt work, plug in the working one, and then plug in the not working one.  Also when i reboot with both of them plugged in, neither of them work.  The non-working monitor also only works if i plug it in directly to the laptop while the laptop is off.  Can this laptop support dual monitors? is it a splitter problem? or is a monitor problem?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@ooberific 

Using the splitter won't work as you wish anyway: you won't be able to extend to the second monitor. The best you can get is to duplicate the first one. What is your Envy 360 ? Since there are hundreds and hundreds of different models/products of HP Envy x360 machines I can't say much.

But from your information, one way to that is to use a DisplayLink Certified USB dock. Please enter your requirement on the following link and it will find for you few options on market today including some HP products:

https://www.displaylink.com/products/universal-docking-stations

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

HP ENVY x360 - m6-aq003dx. i dont mind if it's duplicated, it's not necessarily my intention to extend the second monitor.  It looks like those products aren't what i need.  I do not need a USB dock.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.