Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z24n G2
Other

I have an HP Z24n G2 with Type-C DP input. However it doesn't work at all. I tried with a mini-desktop, a notebook and a mobilephone, all support DP over type-c output but none of them works. They work perfectly on the Z27 display though with the same cable.

So is this port functioning on Z24n G2 at all?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

The USB type C port on the monitor are for data transfer. I believe there is one on the rear which connects to the computer and has the function as a hub for the other USB ports on the monitor. There should be one HDMI port and one DP in and one DP out on the monitor. 

So on the device you want to use you will need a USB-C to DP adapter for the monitor.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-z24n-g2-24-inch-display/18007172/document/c05822535

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

Yes i used the rear port which has the DP logo bedisdes the type-c port. However it doen'st work.

HP Recommended

I believe the USB-C port does not support DP. Can you post a picture. If we look at quick setup guide point 3 is for video setup and you can see that USB-C is not present.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05990207

In user manual it does not mention pages 3-7 USB-C supporting DP.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05996984

HP Recommended

This is waht i have. I believe the type-c port should suppor DP from the picture.

The user guide seems to be only for G1 insterad G2?

2018-07-19_17-25-39.png

HP Recommended

Yes, I see what you mean and you are correct, it should work. Let's see if there are any other answers.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue.  Bought 2 brand new HP Z24n G2 monitors in the hope of connecting with USB-C but I'm not getting any video output from my MacBook Pro 2017 to the monitor, it's like it doesn't detect the signal.  I'm using the cable which came with my MacBook Pro and have also tried with a 3rd party cable and neither offer any video.  I can't find any drivers that I might be missing.

Can someone from HP please offer some clarity on this issue.

"Keep it clean with a single USB-C™ cable video and data connection that’s ready for future generations of HP Workstations."  this line from your advertisement text led me to believe I could use USB-C (DP) as an input source.

HP Recommended

Hi, I seem to be having the exact same challenge as the two other posters. In have just purchased a Z24N G2 monitor, and for the life of me I can't get seem to feed the signal to it by using the USB-C port in the back.

I have tried two cables, an Anker-cable, and the USB-C cable that came with my Macbook Pro. I have tried with a Surface Go, a Thinkpad and the forementioned Macbook Pro, but nothing works. 

Can anyone please help find out what is wrong? Thanks

HP Recommended

I can report the same problem with this monitor and a 2018 Macbook Air, using a USB-C to DP works but does not support the USB hub function so really isn't an option.

HP Recommended

Did you enable USB on your monitor? It's off by default. You can turn it on via the menu.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.