cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

USB-C HUB HDMI issue

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14 ce1009nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi to everyone, i bought a usb-c hub (Aukey CB-C71) for my laptop (HP Pavilion 14 ce1009nl).

The data transfer and the connection of mouse and keyboard work perfectly. However, I cannot use the hub to connect my laptop to a second screen via an HDMI cable.

Can someone help me solve the problem, or it is the hub that is not compatible with my laptop?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
27,622 27,383 2,423 8,933
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AleCarmi 

Open

User Guide

Right Side / Left Side - Pages 4-7

Partial excerpt

USB Type-C port

Connects a USB device, such as a cell phone, camera, activity tracker, or smartwatch, and provides data transfer.

NOTE:  Cables and/or adapters (purchased separately) may be required.

====================================================================

The USB-C ports on this model support data transfer only.

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Pavilion 14-ce1009nl 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" 

Dragon-Fur

Highlighted
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

For the second time, very thanks Dragon!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
27,622 27,383 2,423 8,933
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AleCarmi 

Edits - Add content

You are welcome.

External I/O Ports1 USB Type-C™ 3.1 Gen 1 (Data transfer only, up to 5Gb/s); 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (1 HP Sleep and Charge); 1 HDMI 1.4; 1 RJ-45; 1 headphone/microphone combo

From one of our Experts  , who actually knows this subject (content extracted from another thread):

If you wish to have 2 or more external monitors (and notebook monitor - total 3), please enter your requirement on the following link and it will find for you few USB-A DisplayLink Certified options on market today including some HP products:

https://www.displaylink.com/products/universal-docking-stations

Stay Safe.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation