Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15t-df000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

I just installed a new version of Windows 11. I completely wiped my laptop as I came from the dev channel and am now on a stable build. I have a USB-C monitor that when plugged in and my laptop is under heavy load, while disconnecting every minute or so only to immediately reconnect, like there is a quick stop in the signal. The cable and monitor are both fine and have been tested with other devices. The laptop hardware is not the issue as the problem only occurs under heavy load. This leads me to believe that it is Windows 11. Others have had this issue and I was told the problem would be resolved if I went into the device manager and unselected "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" for all my USB devices. This did not solve or even help the problem. Any other suggestions? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I'd like to share my resolution for this issue. I updated the BIOS by "HP Notebook System BIOS Update Intel Processors - sp132892" then let it run and restarted.

Anonymouses_0-1637607608447.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.