cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

USB-C/thunderbolt port can't display to monitor

HP Recommended
ZBook Studio G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a ZBook Studio G5 that I mainly use at home now because of the pandemic so I have connected it to two monitors. One monitor is connected to the hdmi port and the other one was connected to the usb-c/thunderbolt port with one of those apple dongles. This setup was working fine for quite a long time until it suddenly stopped working. Nothing weird happened but whatever I do I can't get the monitor working again. I checked every hardware component (monitor, cable, dongle) but they are all working perfectly fine. The usb-c port still works fine as regular usb port (I tried connecting a mouse and that worked fine) but I cannot get it to output a signal to my monitor anymore.  I think that it has something to do with thunderbolt or displayport alt mode but after hours of researching I still couldn't find the problem. I even did a factory reset and BIOS reset as a last resort but that also did not work.

This problem has been bugging me for a couple days now and I would appreciate any help. English is not my first language so sorry for any mistakes :).

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation