4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

USB-C to HDMI Adaptor not working

HP Recommended
HP ENVY Laptop 13-ah0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

My name is Luke, and I'm having trouble with the USB-C to HDMI adaptor which came with my HP Envy. Whenever I try and connect my laptop to a monitor, a message saying "USB Device not recognised" pops up repeatedly until I remove the connection. 

This is only happening since recently (2-3 weeks), as I used to connect to my family home's living room TV often and there was no problem with it at all! I tested the monitor and HDMI cable on my brother's laptop and it worked perfectly fine, so it has something to do with my laptop. I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver for it and still no budge. However, I also use the USB-C port to connect to my Roland A-88 Midi keyboard and that works totally fine still, so I'm almost certain it has something to do with the UCB-C to HDMI adaptor itself?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks very much, Luke

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation