Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I just bought an HP Envy 13 ad000, and a HP curved 27b monitor, so I want to connect these 2 devices together.

Since the the hp curved 27b only has a hdmi and display port and the HP Envy 13 laptop has USB C ports I bought a usb C to Hdmi adapter.

However, when I connected these two devices, there is no display on the monitor. it says that there is no hdmi input detected.

I tried updating the video adapters Drivers and USB c Drivers on the laptop but it does seem to work.

I know the cables and monitor are working fine because when I tried connecting the monitor to a hp spectre 13t-3000 Ultrabook everything is working fine.

Nevertheless, I tried using a few other highspeed hdmi cables but the monitor still says it doesn’t detect any input.

So subsequently I thought the problem lies in the USB c to hdmi adapter so I went to purchase a few other adapter like the j5 create JCA374 USB type C multi-adapter as well as a Mazer/ M-USBCAL330 USB C to hdmi adapter but all of them don’t work.

I am really lost as I cannot identify what is the issue here. Please do help me
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I don't know if you problem have been solved. The prpoblem is HP envy just support type C to display port. So you need a adapter with DP ALT mode. Simply search this on Amazon you will find something help. Before you buy it, you can ask the dealer for details. Goodluck!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Benjaminte0,

Thanks for stopping by the HP community. A very good day to you.  I reviewed the post regarding issues with the connecting the USB Type C to the HDMI port of the monitor via a Type  C to HDMI adapter. I will be delighted to assist you here. 🙂

Superb description and stupendous diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require information regarding this:

• Did you try connecting it to the normal display port of the HP Curved Screen?
  • Does your computer have a display port?
  • Please let me know the complete model# or product# of the computer to assist you clearly.

For now, let me keep you posted about a few things here.

• It clearly states that only certain computer models with Type C ports allow the display to be projected to a different screen and it needs to have a USB Type C Thunderbolt port.
  • A great workaround would be is to connect the computer to the display port of the curved screen.
  • Please check this option “Features and compatibilities of USB Type-C hosts and accessories” which gives complete specifications of these accessories.
  • So this computer may not have a compatible Type C USB port to output video to external monitors as the USB port in question might not be a Thunderbolt type C port. I am being honest about it without beating around the bush by keeping your best interest in mind.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a terrific week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have an HP USB-C to HDMI Adapter and tried typing the serial and product number to get technical support but it just keeps saying not found. The hardware is faulty and I'm looking to get a replacement but the website just keeps sending me through a loop where I eventually am asked for a product and serial number that isn't found. 

Please help.

HP Recommended

I don't know if you problem have been solved. The prpoblem is HP envy just support type C to display port. So you need a adapter with DP ALT mode. Simply search this on Amazon you will find something help. Before you buy it, you can ask the dealer for details. Goodluck!

HP Recommended

I know it has been a while since this has been written, but I have this problem with my Envy 13 now.

Is that true? My USB-C to HDMI always worked without a problem, using both a direct HDMI to USB-C cable and with an adaptor.

Some months ago the left one stopped working. The USB-C was working, the adaptor was detected, but no HDMI image. At that time I had to format the computer, and the problem persisted. Now it happened the same on the right one: usb seems to work, but the hdmi doesn´t.

So, do you think it´s a problem with the adaptor not being with ALT MODE?
Or is it a faulty USB port?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.