Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15s-fq1003na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I really need to connect a second monitor to my laptop to make working from home easier. 

I have tried:

I can connect 1 HDMI direct to my laptop, this works fine - however not ideal as for ease I would like to unplug 1(or2) cable, not the 4 I currently have (Mouse/Keyboard, USB headset, HDMI Screen, power) - that and other reasons.

The USB C docking station allows my keyboard/mouse/headset to work but the Screens do not. 

The ideal scenario would be:

• 2 external screens, both on an extend basis (connected via whatever I have to buy to make that work, ideally what I have though)
  • Laptop would be docked/closed lid and aside 
  • external keyboard/mouse combo
  • USB headset

It is driving me INSANE, please help 😄 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@KVPlum 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06543040

It ONLY has 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C™ (Data Transfer Only, 5 Gb/s signaling rate) port, the dock it NOT fully compatible and won't give option to connect to the second monitor nor power. I should work with Mouse/Keyboard, USB headset and external USB drive(s).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks Banhein.

Is there anyway to connect a 2nd external monitor? Some form of Dock or something?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.