Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion - 15-cs0904ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings, 

I have a Pavilion - 15-cs0904ng and I am trying to extend my display on two external monitors,

I use the HDMI output for the first external monitor and it works fine. Now for the second one monitor

I am trying to connect it with the  USB Type -C output to a display port but no signal coming out. I would 

like to ask why this is happening ( i have done all the updates on drivers/chipset and bios), and the reason

that I am asking is because of the Product Specifications it appears to support  Display port 1.2 video signal via 

USB Type - C output. 

External ports
1 USB 3.1 Type-C™ Gen 1 (Data Transfer up to 5 Gb/s, Power Delivery, DisplayPort™ 1.2, HP Sleep and Charge); 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (1 HP Sleep and Charge); 1 HDMI 1.4; 1 RJ-45; 1 headphone/microphone combo

Thank you in advance,

Spyros

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@pepe_21

According to your User guide: Click here to view

You have 2 USB ports on the Right side: USB Type-C port & USB 3.0 charging (powered) ports (2)

And 1 USB port on the Left side: USB 3.0 charging (powered) port

I'm afraid none of these USB ports have the thunderbolt feature to connect the Display.

Keep me posted!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for joining the HP Community.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Dear Raj1788 ,

Your manual is correct but i understand that there is a mistake to the product specifications by HP.

I would like to ask if i can connect one USB 3.1 to a HDMI output with  an adapter in order to get a video singal in the 2nd external monitor. 

Thank you in advance ,

Spyros

HP Recommended

@pepe_21

Could you please help me with the image of the USB 3.1 port on your notebook?

Yes, you can connect USB 3.1 to an HDMI output with an adapter to get a video signal in the external monitor.

Keep me posted.

Have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

What Type-c - HDMI / DP adapter do you use for the external monitor connection? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.