Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Notebook 15 running on Windows 10. The Processor is Intel Celeron N2840. I recently Refreshed my Laptop To get rid of some useless softwares. After this refresh, Im not able to Adjust the screen Brightness through Display settings (the Option to adjust the Brightness is unavailable) or Keyboard (F2,F3) and the button in the Action Center to adjust brightness is also not available which I used to have Before. Also I updated my Intel Graphics Driver as directed in many Websites and also the Monitor Driver. But all these methods are not fixing my trouble. Further more, The "fn" key in keyboard is also not functioning, so im kinda' screwed with all these trouble.  It would be very helpful if anyone can mention any fix, Thanks In Advance !. P.S. [Sorry For the bad english, If any ], Thank you !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of your 15 series notebook - you can usually get this by holding down the fn key and pressing esc, otherwise see Here for a guide on locating this information.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of your 15 series notebook - you can usually get this by holding down the fn key and pressing esc, otherwise see Here for a guide on locating this information.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.