Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY X360 - 13-ar0802no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As said in title, I would like to be disable the autorotation feature. In normal desktop mode, the option in the settings is grayed out and it says that screenlock is enabled. But when I turn my laptop 90 degrees (or more) it autorotates.

someimg.png

(It is the one that says "Rotasjonslås")

Things that I have tried:

- The telt method, by folding the screen back and turning it upside down, it "autorotetes" and unlocks the autorotation lock setting. The problem with this method is that it also locks my mouse and keyboard

- regedit, in regedit it says autorotation is already disabled (in this path "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation")

- Setting display to portrait mode, the option for portrait mode does not exist in my system settings

While I know this is supposed to be a "feature", I would like to be able to disable or enable it on will.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Kei_ Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to disable the auto screen lock.

As you have tried the possible troubleshooting steps it has not resolved.

I would suggest you to perform the system restore.

Please refer to the below link to perform the system restore.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327545

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.