Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ZBook Firefly 14 inch G8 Mobile Workstation PC (275W8AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi

For a long time I've been able to run my monitor at it's full resolution 5120x2880 while using my USB-C Gen5 dock.  Yesterday an update ran to upgrade the firmware on the dock to v1.0.20.0.  After a few screen flashes my resolution changed and now the max (recommended) resolution available is 1920x1080.

I have tried the following:

1) Uninstall and reinstall USB-C Gen 5 firmware

2) Downgrading the firmware to v1.0.18

2) Uninstall and reinstall HP Intel Device Driver.

3) A number of HDMI Cables

4) Reset BIOS to default and then enabled High Resolution mode when connected to a USB-C DP

I have a second HP laptop and that seems have the same issue, when I plug the dock in that the highest resolution it can detect is 1920x1080 but I have no access to the BIOS so I can't be sure High Resolution Mode is enabled

Interestingly enough my monitor can do PIP, when this is enabled (and with some playing about) I can get both laptops to run at 2560x1440

Any suggestions? 

I work for HPE.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.