Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre Folio Convertible 13-ak0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

How do I turn on the screen when it goes to sleep without touching the power button. Usually I use my lap on tablet mode when I'm listening in class but when it goes to sleep the only way I can unlock it is by unfolding the screen and pressing the power button, any other alternative to unlock it?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Hail_Julius
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue: ( Microsoft suggested steps )

1. To tweak your lock screen to your liking, select the Start button, then select Settings  > Personalization  > Lock screen. Try changing the background to a favourite photo or slide show, or choose any combination of detailed and quick status notifications to show you upcoming calendar events, social-network updates, and other app and system notifications.

Select Windows spotlight for beautiful photography to show up automatically on your lock screen. Windows Spotlight updates daily with images from around the globe, and it also shows tips and tricks for getting the most out of Windows.

Lock screen settings

If Windows spotlight isn't working as expected, here are some things you can try:

2. If you don't see the option to change the background to Windows spotlight at Settings  > Personalization  > Lock screen, it could be because that setting is managed by your organization. Check with your system administrator for more info.
  3. Keep in mind Windows spotlight won't appear after restarting or shutting down your device—an account with the spotlight turned on needs to be signed in to Windows first. To test if Windows spotlight is working correctly, press Windows logo key  + to lock your device. The Windows spotlight image should appear on the lock screen.
  4. If you don't see the Windows spotlight image when you're signing in, select the Start button, then select Settings  > Personalization  > Lock screen. Then make sure Show lock screen picture on the sign-in screen is turned on. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.