Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z27n monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a ThinkPad W540 w/ docking station connected to two HP Z27n monitors.  When I reboot the laptop, one of my two Z27n monitors is automatically recognized and one is not. (Display Settings -> Detect). 

I have swamped the display cables betweeen the monitors, changed the port, but to no avail.  The one monitor is almost always never recognized.

Both monitors have been factory reset back to the defaults.

If I play around, like rebooting a couple of times, detecting monitor, the monitor eventually gets recognized.

The firmware on this unrecognized monitor is LIM121, whereas the one that is always recognized is LIM143.

Where can I find the latest firmware to upgrade the display to?  

Anything else I can do?

Thanks in advance.

Tom

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Did you ever solve your issue?

I have an almost identical problem. Just with a Thinkpad T480s and two Z27i:

One working with : LIM110 in OSD (LIM121 on monitor label)

One NOT working with: LIM100 in OSD (LIM111 on monitor label)

I guess my issues would be resolved with a firmware upgrade as well.

Thanks, 

Thomas

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I did not find a way to upgrade the firmware.  My IT department inquired and was told it was not possible.

Not really a solution, but My IT department eventually resolved my issue by switching me to an Hp Z Book.  

You may want to try the HP Support Assistant tool and see if it detects your monitors.  Not sure if it would give you an option to upgrade.

Sorry I couldn't be much help to you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.