Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15 ek0004nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a hp omen 15 ek0004nl.
I recently got a usb c dock with hdmi port.
When I try to attach the dock with the hdmi inserted, the pc detects the monitor without showing anything on the screen, and the main screen of the laptop starts flashing.
The dock works, since I tried it with other PCs (all with an Intel integrated, without a dedicated one).
I also tried with linux (kde and ubuntu), but the black screen remains, unlike windows, the cursor also appears (eg you can move it, but do not copy the background and the open apps that I move).
In the datasheet, where the ports are listed, there is this wording: 1 USB SuperSpeed Type-C® with a transmission speed of 5 Gbps (DisplayPort ™ 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge)
Apparently, always reading on hp sites, it seems that my pc supports hdmi from a usb c dock (on this page: https://support.hp.com/it-it/document/c05269817)
Thanks for any reply

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

eventually i took another adapter and it works.
for all those who were wondering, yes, this model supports a video output from usb c

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@51M0 

What is your  recently got a usb c dock with hdmi port ? Sounds like they are not compatible.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I thank you for the answer.
I did not understand one thing, does my pc support a video outpud from usb c?
The strange thing is that the monitor is detected, and with linux the cursor also appears.

This is the adapter I got (https://www.amazon.it/Adattatore-Multiporta-Portatile-Chromebook-Dispositivi/dp/B07VMRB2K1/ref=sr_1_...).

HP Recommended

eventually i took another adapter and it works.
for all those who were wondering, yes, this model supports a video output from usb c

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.