Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

VRAM, BIOS and Advanced Chipset Features

ProBook 4540s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It's not the newest computer any more. But it still works.

Right now I've got a 8GB RAM inside.

1700 MB dedicated VRAM

32 MB shared VRAM

So, I installed a game, not the biggest, but still a modern game. I did ask for 2000 MB VRAM, no problem. It's possible to change this in the BIOS of the computer. And when you've got 8 GB of normal RAM, it's verry common to use 1024 MB up to 2048 for the shared VRAM.  

Restarted my computer, pressing F10 like a maniac, because that's for the BIOS. And there I was, in an enviroment that HP does call the BIOS. 

I've searched for arround 30 minutes in here, but there was no possibility to change the "Share Memory Size". So I went back to Windows, searched a bit arround the Internet. After a while looking, I found images of several "BIOS areas", all of them looked like the earliest DOS systems, but none did look like the "BIOS" I was in, quite modern. 

So my questions:

- How to get into the real BIOS of my ProBook 4540s?

- And if this was realy the BIOS of my ProBook 4540s, how do I change the Shared VRAM for sake?

And please don't tell me HP did mess this part of the Graphics Card up too.......

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation