Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 Convertible 15-bp1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I have some software open, there are always some vertical shadows on the screen.When I have some software open, there are always some vertical shadows on the screen.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@AsaQi

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• When was the last time it worked without these issues?
  • Have you updated Graphics and Chipset drivers?
  • Have you checked the display on an external monitor?

let’s try these steps to resolve the problem:

I recommend you attempt to access the BIOS screen by tapping on F10 while the computer is restarting, 

If the issue persists in the BIOS screen which is outside windows, it would confirm a hardware failure.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

There was no issue in the BIOS screen. The issue has existed for several months. The display on the external monitor functioned fine without issue. 

HP Recommended

@AsaQi

Let's try these steps -

1) In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results.
2) In Device Manager, expand Display Adapter. 
3) Right-click on the Display Adapter, and then select Uninstall device > Delete the driver software for this device check box > Uninstall.
4) Restart the computer. 

Download and install the BIOS, Chipset drivers from this link

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did that but the issue still exists.

HP Recommended

@AsaQi

Thank you for posting back. 

This sounds like a hardware related issue with the display. I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.