2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Vertical lines when adjusting screen

Hp omen 15 ax-299nb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

so my pc started recently showing lines when I'm adjusting the screen, sometimes these lines will stay until I find a 'correct' position. This issue does not occur when my pc is connected to an external screen.

Windows is up to date and I have updated the graphics card drivers and the issue still occurs.

I don't know if this is related or not but sometimes when I'm launching a game while my pc is connected to an external screen,

I get a blue screen with "video internal scheduler error" and the pc restarts (this does not happen when my pc is not connected to another screen).

Thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,429 24,384 2,067 3,208
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Hugo-D Greetings from the HP Community!

Here's what you need to do, to identify the issue and resolve it accordingly:

Perform a power reset (no data loss) using these steps: Click here, proceed to next step if this works

Attempt to run a test from the HP hardware diagnostic tool, using this link: Click here for details.

If the issue appears on the diagnostics, it could again, determine a hardware failure,

If they don't appear on bios & the hardware tests passed: please update the BIOS & Chip-set drivers from the HP website using this link: Click here

if the issue persists, Its important to understand that the Video Scheduler Internal error can also appear because of corruption in the system files and hard drive. You can follow the instructions below to check if this is the case.

1. On your keyboard, press Windows Key+S.
  2. Inside the search box, type “Command Prompt” (no quotes).
  3. From the results, right-click Command Prompt, then select Run as Administrator from the options.
  4. To proceed, click Yes.
  5. Once Command Prompt is up, run this command:

chkdsk /f /r

1. Now, press Y on your keyboard.
  2. To activate the hard disk check, you need to restart your PC.
  3. Once your computer has restarted, click the Search icon on your taskbar.
  4. Now, type “cmd” (no quotes) inside the search box.
  5. Right-click Command Prompt from the results, then click Run as Administrator.
  6. Run the following command:

sfc /scannow

It will take a couple of minutes for the System File Checker to detect and repair faulty system files in your computer. You need to wait patiently until the process is complete.

Once it is done, check if the Video Scheduler Internal Error is gone

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Riddle_Decipher,

I did all the steps and the issue is still occurring. There were no failed test or corrupt files.

Thanks for your response.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,536 12,500 548 613
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Hugo-D
Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation