Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Notebook 14-dk0021
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I have been experiecing issues when it comes to playing videos both internal (videos that are saved on the computer) and external (SD cards, external hard discks and internet). It's either videos stop after having played a little bit or don't start at all. Sometimes vidoes would play on the internet with no problems, but almost never when they are imported from other sources.So there is some kind of irregularity.

I have been following with the software updates but still cannot identify what the issue may be. Could it be some kind of driver issue? I have tried updating them too. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance,

bronzeager

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@bronzeager 

Which software player do you use ? Please download and install the following free media player software

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

It will play nearly all video formats.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Banhien

Thank you very much for the answer!

I usually use the default player for Windows. But the good old VLC player did a much better job, though some delay before videos start playing. Therefore I will give it a shot and see if it is a solution to the problem I am having.

Best regards,

bronzeager

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.