Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
HP Recommended
HP 15.6 inch Laptop PC 15-d5000 (4V9X9AV)

IMG_4602.jpeg

IMG_4562.jpeg

Okay, I’ve had this computer for just over a month now, and in the last 3 days this has happened twice- pictures are from the 2 times.

Its currently only happened while watching videos on YouTube, and the first time it blocked out part of the video and had the pixel-like visual glitch (flickering), and you could still see the YouTube settings, title, and half the video (white bg with the red lines). The second time, which was just now, the whole video was blocked out with the same visual effects in the black part from the first time, and again you could still see the settings/title of the video.

Both times this has happened, it was when I gently pushed on the top screen to adjust its angle- I was very gentle, have been with all laptops I’ve used. But right after that it glitches. I pressed around the red area in the first linked photo both times- And I’ve done it before, it’s just only started the last few days!

I’ve not had any other technical issues with this laptop, and it runs really well- this is just something that I hope doesn’t indicate a broken part or something. I do have a warranty for this, thank goodness, and know nothing about computers- can someone help out?!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Muck360,

Welcome to the HP support community.

Please help us with your HP unit serial number or the product number on a private message for further assistance.

Here is the link to find the product number:- Click here

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name.

Alden4

HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.