Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

HI,

I bought the hp envy 360 a bit over a year now and 3 days ago I notticed the flickering while watching netflix and sometimes on youtube; When it flickers, is every second almost and with each flickering I see some green pixel like squares, almost like a volume graphic (I'm sorry my computer vocabulary is poor and this is the only way I can describe it); I installed the silverlight and I always use chrome or firefox so Is not an edge browser problem in fact, Im not even sure what the problem is and I would hate to already have a problem with this relatively new laptop. Help anybody?

Thx in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MarcelaND,

I recommend you contact an external monitor or a TV to the computer and open NetFlix on the external monitor and check.

Also, try using a different browser (Like Mozilla or IE) and check.

If you continue facing the issue, I recommend you contact support as it may be a hardware issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with tech support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@MarcelaND,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you continue facing the issue, please let me know whether this happens when you are using another application.

Also, let me know the exact model for your computer and the operating system you are using.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I updated both the BIOS and graphic driver but the screen still flickers.

The model is the laptop HP envy 360 and I use windows 10

Sometimes it flickers when shutting a youtube video off

Any other ideas?

Best,

Marcela

HP Recommended

@MarcelaND,

I recommend you perform a reset on the computer following the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks again for your answer!

I've tried everything you said, the BIOS and graphics update, the windows10 update and the full PC reset which was a pain since I had to re install a lot of things and yet, nothing, the screen keeps flickering with this green volume graphic-like squares and it happens pretty much every second so its impossible to ignore. It does happen only when watching netflix and sometimes youtube. Maybe there's a way I can send you a video so you see exactly what I'm talking about?

I would like to find a solution myself coz taking it to the shop after only a year would mean they keep the laptop for over a week and I need it for work.

Help?

HP Recommended

@MarcelaND,

Do you use the NetFlix app?

You can upload the video on YouTube and share the link here.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I dont use the app on my laptop, I just click on the tab to go to the website, I do use the app on my Ipad and no problems there, only on my laptop and still, since I also have the problem with youtube I don't think is a netflix problem.

Anyway here's the youtube link, I had to darken the room so you could see it better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpCy8fhCfyM&feature=youtu.be

I hope you can help otherwise Ill have to take this "fairly new" hp back to the shop already..

Thx,

Marcela

HP Recommended

@MarcelaND,

I would like to know which browser you are using?

I am unable to access the video you have shared.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I use chrome, always have.

PS. since today i I dont only see the flickering on netflix and youtube but other video's just turn black suddenly while I can still hear the sound. 😕

HP Recommended

@MarcelaND,

I recommend you contact an external monitor or a TV to the computer and open NetFlix on the external monitor and check.

Also, try using a different browser (Like Mozilla or IE) and check.

If you continue facing the issue, I recommend you contact support as it may be a hardware issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with tech support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.