Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have a dv9653cl Notebook with a built in webcam.  Until recently, I've had no problems.  A few weeks ago I noticed the image was reversed when using Windows live messenger.  The webcam setup option no longer shows the option to click reverse image off.  I've deleted and re-installed the driver and contacted the live messenger people online.  No joy there.  It seems to work ok in skype (funny).  In setup when viewing the image, it's normal but when online with friends, it's reversed.

I'm operating Vista and have all of the upgrades + service pack 1, so that's not the problem.

Suggestions ???

Thx

Jim M

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Boot up the webcam and take a look at the settings tab. You should see that the "Mirror Image" box is checked. un-check it.

Hope this helps.

Pete

I am not an HP employee, But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

TouchSmart IQ526t CTO Intel 2.26 Ghz 4 gig ram 750 gig HDD Vista Premium 64 bit
HP Recommended
Thanks Pete, that's not the problem.  My settings tab has 'become' limited for some reason and the 'mirror' image box is no longer there.  That's what has confused the Microsoft folks.  Under audio and video-webcam, then camera settings there is a video proc amp tab and camera control tab, neither have a mirror image box.  There used to be one.  Don't know what happened.
HP Recommended
Same problem here, I tried everything, reinstalling drivers, installing some addition softwares, and there's no help... And all I want is just to mirror my camera image via communication softwares.
HP Recommended

open settings and look for two boxes for flip horizontal and flip vertical if you dont have mirror image button. uncheck and check the boxes and you will see the image reverse.

HP Recommended

check the option flip horizontal ot verrtical it will solve ur problem

go to webcam settings in the bottom there are two optios horizontal flip and vertical flip check it for mirror image or uncheck for normal image........i hope it will solve the problem...

HP Recommended

webcam revers images in windows 8.1

HP Recommended
if found it for my driver in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}\0000\Settings there is a 32bit DWORD entry FLIP. change the value from 0 to 1 or 1 to 0. Manfred Thank you... Work for me... HP 470 G3 Stefan
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.