Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 830 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an Elitebook 830 G5 (ID 3JW91EA#ABU). The integrated webcam is not working. I have looked at the Device Manager and it is not listed under Imaging Devices and I notice that there is no ‘Cameras’ section which, according to my wife’s Elitebook 830 G5 (ID 3JW91EA#ABU), should have two items - ‘HP HD Camera’ and ‘HP IR Camera’. Don’t know if that’s a critical difference but her webcam works ok.

Any help would be most appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you  fpor your help.  HP have replaced the touchscreen and webcam and all is now well.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello

check in Device Manager

if you have a "USB Boot" device instead of the camera,  check the Hardware ID of this device.

if it's VID 0BDA PID 5852

you must update the firmware of the camera

in order to do it download on your PC disk this PDF file and follow the instructions:

https://support.hp.com/wps/hp-skp-portlets/document/manuals/inline/c06644493.pdf

HP Recommended

Hello

I found this firmware update.

https://mega.nz/file/TAQBUKzJ#uehqR1xZYnEca3k8ZnID8CtpLeSKUSgI8IUv_BWqGY4

it's a 7zip file containing Realtek Camera firmware and Config.ini file for HW ID VID_0BDA-PID_5852

no malware . no virus.

Bye

HP Recommended

Would you have the firmware update for device ID  VID_0BDA&PID_5846 ?

HP Recommended

error.JPG

I do have a USB boot issue as well on Realtek camera on a Probook G7 445

Thx

HP Recommended

Thank you  fpor your help.  HP have replaced the touchscreen and webcam and all is now well.

HP Recommended

Wanted to say thanks. Spent the last 1.5 hrs updating drivers, etc for a client o no avail. Found this thread and firmware update to camera fixed my issue immediately.

HP Recommended

Link for firmware update not opening.

Please, how can I get it?

HP Recommended

Working fine here. Should take you to Megalink. Try another browser or computer.

HP Recommended

Did you find the firmware update for USB\VID_0BDA&PID_5846 ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.