Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello forum. There has been  a patch of lit pixels in on the side of my screen for at least the last month or so. I have been trying to ignore it, but I can't stop noticing it when the screen is dark and I am worried it may get worse (currently 3 months left on the one year warranty).

I have taken a picture of the screen and also a close up of the area below. I have just noticed that in the close up there are also some rows of blue lines  under the white part as well.

Any ideas?

IMG_20201229_174617.jpgIMG_20201229_174641.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@ranger99 

While your pictures are good and do show the spot -- which appears to be failing pixels,  unfortunately,  this is just self-help Community staffed mostly by volunteers and we are not authorized to deal with warranty, service or equipment replacement issues. For these issues, you will need to contact HP Customer Support.

UK HP contact info: http://support.hp.com/gb-en/contact-hp/

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for this. They appear to be impossible to contact. After going round and round with the "virtual agent" I eventually get to an option offering phone support, but it says this is "closed or almost closed"  and refuses to give a number. Alternatively it offers a Whatsapp method which connects to HP who so far have neither read nor responded to my messages.

The closest I could get was US customer support (by mistake) who just sent me back to the UK page and then terminated the chat.

Does anyone have an email address or anything for HP staffed by a human being?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.