Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
dv6 2150us
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently installed Windows 10 and my video now is horrible.

It is just VGA video and also I can not use the external VGA port to display contents to the screen.

Driver that it is installed is "Microsoft Basic Display Driver".

I downloaded an app from intel and scanned the notebook and did not install anything new. It countinues saying that there is not problems at all.

Any suggestion?

where can I found the driver for my notebook?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook is not supported for W10 and the newest graphics drivers were written for W7.

Also, HP has retired support for your notebook, so it is very difficult to find drivers.

See if this works...

Download and run the Intel graphics driver from this reputable 3rd party website (sp46532).

HP Pavilion dv6t-2100 CTO Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD Driver v.8.15.10.1968 Re. B for Window...

Maybe it will install the graphics adapter for you.

If not...try to manually install the driver as follows...

Go to the device manager.  Click on the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for drivers, option and at the bottom of that window, select the 'Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer" at the bottom of that window.

Then click on Have Disk and browse to:  C:\SWSetup\sp46532\Graphics\kit20511 (setup information file)>select the Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD adapter from the list, and see if the driver installs that way.

Then restart the PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.