Lexi-ALH
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows 10 driver for AMD Radeon HD 6300M

HP Pavilion dv 7 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Need to find Windows 10 PRO 64 bit driver for AMD Radeon HD 6300M.  Have installed the latest AMD Beta dirvers but Windows 10 give an Error 43.  AMD software displays "No AMD driver installed"

4 REPLIES 4
Level 17
Level 17
46,930 41,188 4,486 11,697
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If your notebook is a switchable graphics notebook, only install the available drivers from the download section of the  HP support portal for your notebook.

You have not identified your notebook ,so I am unable to provide you with a link to the portal.

Use the HP Support Assistant to install the driver by running the Tune up application. YOu can also install the driver by using the HP Recovery Manager. There is a reinstall Drivers and software section in the HP Recovery Manager main window that will let you install the original driver.

You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped by clicking on the
0 Kudos
iM_Nick_5790
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In 90% in windows 10 are working drivers for Windows 8 or Windows 7
Go on your product's download page & just download AMD Radeon HD 6300M driver for Windows 8 & it'll work on your Win 10 😉

0 Kudos
Alho31
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Lexi-ALH wrote:

Need to find Windows 10 PRO 64 bit driver for AMD Radeon HD 6300M.  Have installed the latest AMD Beta dirvers but Windows 10 give an Error 43.  AMD software displays "No AMD driver installed"

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
46,930 41,188 4,486 11,697
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The drivers from AMD won't work with your notebook. They are generic drivers.  

The drivers that HP provides are an  especially modified software package that contains the AMD driver and the Intel driver.

HP's driver software package is meant to work with your notebook. It is an especially modified notebook containing two graphics solutions. Special notebooks require special drivers.

You can click on Accept as Solution if my post or reply was the information you were looking for that helped you resolve your issue.
You can say thanks by giving me a Kudo if my reply helped by clicking on the
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation