Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 17t-ce000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an error message when trying to setup Windows Hello Face "We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face"

I have an HP ENVY - 17t-ce000 CTO that I purchased a month ago and when I went to set up the Hello Face it returned the error message above.  I have set up my Windows hello pin which works fine and the installed camera works with other applications like skype etc.  I have the HP Wide Vision HD Camera  installed and again works properly.  I've just updated my Bios and Chip Set using the HP Link and the issue still persist. I'm running Windows 10 Pro, version 10.0.18362 Build 18362.

Any recommendations?

Bruce.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@bruce56 

Answer: 

Windows Hello requires an IR camera.

Details and Information

Service and Maintenance Guide

Page 2

HP Wide Vision HD Camera - indicator LED, USB2.0, HD BSI sensor, f2.0, WDR, 88° WFO

To  double-check, 

Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options

Under section "Manage how you sign in to your device",

Check the list of options and whether a specific feature is available to you.

On the right side of that same (Sign-on Options) menu, click "Set up Windows Hello" to see Microsoft article.

Within that article, scroll down check a list of supported devices that you can filter by brand.

For example, at this writing, HP Spectre x360 Laptop - 15t touch

Personalization - Options

• HP TrueVision FHD IR Camera with Dual array digital microphone (dark ash silver)(for i7-8550U)
  • HP TrueVision FHD IR Camera with Dual array digital microphone (dark ash silver)(for i7-8705G)

Security management

• Fingerprint reader; Trusted Platform Module (TPM) support

NOTE:  Not related to Face recognition - fingerprint reader is another form of biometric login.

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Device

Clarification of terms and "what the device can do" (Specifications)

Device Homepage

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals, Product Information, more

HP ENVY - 17t-ce000 CTO

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.