Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
X360 Convertable
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello,

I recently converted from using Macintosh Products exclusively when I received a brand new HP Specter X360 Convertible last month. After only one month of use and on my first business trip in an airline, the screen cracked. The damage to the screen is extensive and the touch function is  no longer working. After reading 16 pages of similar complaints it seems that HP has simply failed to design and offer a robust product. My last laptop accompanied me on countless travels around the world in checked and carry on baggage without cracking. The case proudly states it was Made in China. Is the quality of the glass in HP's manufacturing facility lacking? I was hoping for a better quality product from a $1,200.00 USD product. After speaking with HP via the chat function and over the phone I was told that the best price they could offer was approximately $500.00 USD for a replacement screen. Since that's almost HALF of the entire cost of a new laptop is there a cheaper aftermarket alternative that's hopefully better that the factory HP option? Thanks for you efforts. 😃

Stats : HP Specter x360 Convertible, Model: 13t-ap000, Product ID: 4CJ14AV

Screen Part Number as Provided by HP: L37646-001 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@drakeclaw

I understand your concerns and frustration

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.