Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ZBook Power 15.6 Inch G9
Ubuntu LTS

The HDMI port of the ZBook Power 15.6 Inch G9 does not work on Linux. According to this thread, this is caused by the BIOS reporting the HDMI connector as an eDP screen instead of an HDMI screen. Is it possible to get this fixed with a BIOS update?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I am facing the same issue with PopOS (Ubuntu based). Never managed to have the external screen connected via the HDMI port working.

HP Recommended

I am facing the same issue. Can we get an update from HP?

HP Recommended

I am also facing the same issue. Could HP experts help to solve this?

HP Recommended

Same thing happens on HP 470 G9
System incorrectly reports 4 non-existent DP outputs instead of the single HDMI actually present.
Updating bios to F.05 rev.A doesn't help.
Everything works on Windows 11.

HP Recommended

I'm facing the exact same issue on my ZBook G9. 

I have tried:

• updating to the latest BIOS
  • installing different Nvidia drivers (470, 525, 535)
  • using the command: 
    sudo prime-select nvidia
  • setting nvidia card in performance mode
  • using lightdm instead of gdm3

Nothing has worked. 

I would also like to note that the HDMI port works perfect on my windows partition. 

Since there are many people in this thread having the same issue on the same machine I think this merits some kind of reply from HP. This definitely seems to be a BIOS issue. 

HP Recommended

+1 on this issue on my ZBook Power 15.6 G9.

I've tried the recommendations listed by previous users. It seems the thread linked has root-caused the issue and even provided a workaround. Would like to see this fixed natively to not need a workaround.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Ok so it's been almost 3 months and still no reply from HP, can we at least hear from HP so we can know if you're even working at some kind of fix for this? 

I don't know who to contact to get someones attention on this. I have tried contacting the support in my country (Sweden) but they don't seem to care about Linux users what so ever. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.