Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
15-af131dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When playing videos on the Internet on any browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc.) the videos are zoomed in very close.  For instance, if it is a house you might only see part of a door or window.  I've tried Control Key and the minus or plus sign, tried reseting internet explorer settings, and it will go back to normal for a second then go right back to zooming in. 

I can play videos that are stored directly on the laptop just fine.  This is only occuring for any web-based video play.

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @mtbike,

Good Day.  A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the post regarding issues with zooming on web-based videos.  I will be delighted to assist you here.

Splendid description, brilliant troubleshooting and great observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. Smiley Happy

To assist you accurately I would require more information regarding this.

• Did you update the AMD graphics card?
  • Did this happen after a software or windows update?

You’ve done great by trying different browsers. So disable pinch to zoom from this link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/zoomed-in-videos-on-windows...  and check if it works.

If it does not please follow the steps in the document: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/zoomed-in-videos-on-windows...  regarding this in the Microsoft community which fixed the issue.

The graphics card on your computer is an AMD one according to this product specs link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-15-af100-notebook-pc-series/8543365/model/8961406/document/c... and check if the second link does the trick for you.

If this does not do the trick for you, please uninstall the graphics drivers by following these steps:

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Please note that I am not overloading you with a lot of troubleshooting steps.

Instead, just like you, I am eager to ensure that the problem gets resolved. So I am providing you with more resources and information at your disposal to deal with the situation better.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @mtbike,

Good Day.  A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the post regarding issues with zooming on web-based videos.  I will be delighted to assist you here.

Splendid description, brilliant troubleshooting and great observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. Smiley Happy

To assist you accurately I would require more information regarding this.

• Did you update the AMD graphics card?
  • Did this happen after a software or windows update?

You’ve done great by trying different browsers. So disable pinch to zoom from this link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/zoomed-in-videos-on-windows...  and check if it works.

If it does not please follow the steps in the document: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/zoomed-in-videos-on-windows...  regarding this in the Microsoft community which fixed the issue.

The graphics card on your computer is an AMD one according to this product specs link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-15-af100-notebook-pc-series/8543365/model/8961406/document/c... and check if the second link does the trick for you.

If this does not do the trick for you, please uninstall the graphics drivers by following these steps:

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Please note that I am not overloading you with a lot of troubleshooting steps.

Instead, just like you, I am eager to ensure that the problem gets resolved. So I am providing you with more resources and information at your disposal to deal with the situation better.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the useful information and please enjoy the rest of your day!

HP Recommended

Hi @mtbike,

I read the post. Awesome that it is working now.  I am very happy for you. I hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂

Trust me I've done all I can to assist you here by keeping your best interest in mind. 🙂 

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

Do take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

You might notice that the videos play fine as long as the laptop is not plugged in.  It works on battery mode.  It's the strangest thing!  How do we fix this?  I have tried the steps mentioned, which do not exactly follow the Windows 10 menus.  "Maximized" is not an option under MultiMedia Settings.  

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.