Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
notebook 15-ay514tx
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and older

camera of my notebook not working, error code is 0xA00f4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@raxit_kamdar The webcam 0xA00F4243 0xC00D3704 error code message is quite explicit as it indicates the possible culprit of the problem – another application. Therefore, it would be practical to open Task Manager and check what applications are currently running on the system. In case a tool that requires Camera is running, end its task and check if that helps.

Another solution for “it looks like another app is using the camera already” malfunction of the camera would be a clean boot of the system. It would help to isolate the problematic application and, furthermore, repair it. The “another app” may not necessarily refer to Skype, Messenger, or another legitimate application that uses Camera.

It may turn out that the app causing error code is a malicious cyber infection, for example, Trojan[2], Worm or adware[3]. To make sure that you are not dealing with such a case, you should run a scan with Reimage or another anti-malware tool.

If previously mentioned tips did not help you get rid of the “camera reserved by another app” error, the culprit may be the webcam’s drivers or its settings.  Don’t worry we have a few other steps that should:

To check if any of Windows apps are damaged, run Windows App Troubleshooter. Click on this link and follow the on-screen instructions.

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc or right-click empty space on the toolbar.
  2. Open Task Manager and go to the Processes tab.
  3. Carefully analyze what programs are currently running in the background of the system.
  4. If you found an app that uses Camera, for example, Skype running in the background, click it, and select “End Task.”

To repair damaged system, you have to purchase the licensed version of Reimage.

If the issue persists, 

Perform the reset on the camera

1. Click Windows key + I to open Settings.
  2. Select App and Features.
  3. Locate Camera and click it.
  4. Select Advanced options and then Reset.
  5. Reboot the PC.

Perform a clean boot: (no data loss)

1. Click Windows key and type msconfig.
  2. Click System Configuration and open Services tab.
  3. Mark Hide all Microsoft services box and select Disable all.
  4. Open Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
  5. Click on each startup item and select Disable.
  6. Close Task Manager and click OK on the System Configuration window.
  7. Reboot the system.

If Clean Boot helped you fix the issue, we recommend you to enable apps one by one. After each enabled app, check if the Camera is working.

This way, you will isolate the problematic application.

Update webcam drivers

1. Right-click on Windows key and select Device Manager.
  2. Expand Imaging devices and right-click on your system webcam entry.
  3. Select the Update Driver Software option.
  4. Then click on Browse my computer for software driver option.
  5. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer option.
  6. If not checked, check the Show compatible hardware option.
  7. Select USB Video Device and click Next.
  8. The system will automatically update/install the driver. Once done, close Device Manager.
  9. Reboot the system.

Check privacy settings

1. Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
  2. Go to the Privacy category and select the Camera option.
  3. Make sure that the Let apps use my camera option is turned on.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.  

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.