Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
I was able to disable the touch screen and stop the randomly pointer on the screen.
HP Recommended

Your answer is "it's your fault, pay us $350".

They will never, EVER admit this is something in their design process because they think "then people will shatter their screens and claim it's a defect".

They're letting the abusers ruin it for the rest of us.

HP Recommended

HP is making a mockery out of me. They offer me a pick up and repair, setting dates and pick up times. Haven't heared from them ever since. I have a laptop here now, I cannot use, since they asked me to delete personal data. So, either I spend hours reinstalling all my apps and personal data so for at least I can use my broken computer as much as possible, or I leave it empty, not being able to use it, for the off chance they do (or do not) pick it up eventually. It is all a bad joke. Nobody is calling back or writing any messages anymore. So what for to offer in the first place, hp? 

HP Recommended

does anybody have any tips for affordable repair companies outside of HP? 

HP Recommended

No one seems to be able to get a hold of this **bleep** part. I've called several repair shops near where I live and none of them can easily acquire the screen assembly for a Spectre x360 because the computer model is too new.

HP Recommended

Add one more on the list please.

I've used another brandname touchscreen laptop for around 1.5 years before I bought the HP spectre 360.  The old one was fine so far.

But I love HP spectre 360's design and I bought it.  However, the HP spectre's screen was cracked without any apparant careless reason, just like others in this forum.  I just bought mine for less than 6 months.   In Hong Kong, it costs more than $4500 to fix a new screen, i.e. around US$589.  It is 52% of the original price!   It is quite a dilemna.  A US$589 is not a guarantee to keep the monitor safe for another half year.  Or I can use this US$589 to buy another lower level laptop, of course not HP anymore, to pay safe.

I feel very disappointed and are so fool to be attracted by its design. 

HP Recommended

Has anyone managed to get this repaired under warranty or go through with a lawsuit?

I've given up but it seems like the number of people experiencing this issue keeps growing and maybe we can go follow through with a lawsuit.

HP Recommended

You know, I'd really like to but this hasn't technically HURT anyone so I don't think you can actually demand a recall for this sort of thing as a result.

The product has to present a danger in order for a justifiable lawsuit to be carried out, I believe. Faulty manufacturing is too "small-time" to really try to organize a class action or something of the like.

What a pity. All I really want to do is just force a recall of the product, not get monetary compensation or anything like that, but as a result my ambition is too low for the legal system to get involved with.

HP Recommended

'Desigh atracted me and killed my screen'

Another victim of HP's 'brillinat design' on the Spectre 360

One week work on the laptop this morning I find the touch screen cracked from the left joint right up to the camera.

Had it taken to a work shop the service guy tells me that this laptop should be opened and closed whili only touching the middle sction of the lap top,any closing or opening holding any of the sides will resolve with a crack.

I bought this **bleep** so I can work with it not act  as if I do nto have any fingers on my hand.

Thank you HP since if this is not resloved by your side this will be the last product I buy of you - EVER!!!

Funny thing is all is functioning well except for that annoying crack across the screen....

HP Recommended

@KirilCuparigov

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.