Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilian 15-cs0053cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Pavilion 15-cs0053cl. with windows 10 home. I had my touchpad disabled since I write a lot on the laptop and my hands brush the touchpad and move the cursor and change where I am typing at. My laptop did some kind of update yesterday 7/11/2020 an re-enabled the touch pad.  Everything I have looked for on line doesn't seem to work, or isn't the same as what they say. I go to the properties and disable the touchpad, or even delete the thing in device manager, and the computer reboots, and when it reboots it is still working. A lot of guides talk about double tapping the touchpad, and an orange light, I don't have that. I see no disable button on the keyboard, no disable button in the settings in control panel. Nothing seems to turn this thing off.

How do I get this thing disabled without physically opening up the case and pulling out the wire that plugs it in? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Addendum in the Device manager I think it is called a ELAN Clickpad

HP Recommended

Hello @TheGreatBilby 

Try to uninstall the update you received.

Click on Start button and type control.exe to open Control Panel, open it

Go to and open Programs and features

Click on View installed updates from the left side

Find the update that was recently installed (sort them by date), click on it and UNINSTALL IT

Reboot your computer

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

I looked at that, and it didn't show an update yesterday when my touchpad was reset. So I am still confuzzled at what happened to reactivate it again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.