Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power Laptop 15-cb0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The display stutters for a second when I watch any videos or  just move my mouse while the video is on, doesn't happens when a game is on tho, any help or any idea about what is the issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jokyjokestoface That's a bummer, no worries, though as I have a few more steps that are sure to resolve the issue for good:

Let's try these steps:

• On your, Key Board press Windows key + X 
  • Press M to open Device Manager 
  • Expand Display adapters 
  • Right-click on the current display adapter 
  • Click Properties 
  • Click on the Driver tab 
  • Click on Rollback driver if the option is available.

[win]+[x] > Power Option > High Performance > Change Power Setting HardDisk -Turn off Hard disk : NEVER Sleep -Hibernate : NEVER

PCI Express- Link : off 3D Settings > Manage 3D Settings > Global > Power Management Mode: Prefer Max Performance NVCP > 3D settings > Manage 3D settings > Global > Multi-Display/Mixed-GPU acceleration: Multi Display Performance Mode Reboot.

Keep me posted

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Jokyjokestoface Is that Joker jokes to the face? which is true, unless I deciphered that incorrectly 😉

Does this happen when you are on a browser or when you use offline content? Could you elaborate?

Also, if this is limited to online content, and you are using the Google Chrome, please try the below steps to resolve the issue:

Go to your advance settings in Google Chrome and turn off hardware acceleration. This should fix the issue and turn that frown upside down.

If the issue persists, try the below steps and get back to me with the results:

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings.
  • Type performance > choose to Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
  • In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance.
  • click Apply and OK.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher Yes it's true😂 it happens in any browser , in downloaded videos and Netflix app, the screen stutters for a second and freezes for a second if I move my mouse while the video is on . I tried to reinstall graphic drivers and updated the windows and drivers,  the issue issue still on 

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher Yes it's true😂

it happens in any browser , in downloaded videos and Netflix app, the screen stutters for a second and freezes for a second if I move my mouse while the video is on . I tried to reinstall graphic drivers and updated the windows and drivers,  the issue issue still on 

HP Recommended

@Jokyjokestoface 😄 That's what I thought 😄

Did you happen to go through the steps I suggested for google chrome and its hardware acceleration? if not, please do and share the results of the same,

If the issue persists, please try the below steps:

change your monitor refresh rate to 120hz instead of 144hz, because 120hz is divisible by 60 and may help the two monitors to work better with each other.

To change the refresh rate of a monitor, follow the steps below.

1. Right-click anywhere on your desktop and then select Display settings.
  2. In the right pane, scroll down and click on Advanced display settings.
  3. On the next window, click Display adapter properties for Display 1 (or 2) of your 144hz monitor.
  4. Go to Monitor tab. Under Screen refresh rate, select 120 Hertz. Click OK to apply the changes.

Alternatively, you can also change the 144hz monitor to run only 60hz which in most cases solve the game stuttering and lag problem.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So far the issue is fixed with google chrome steps, my display is set to 60fps because that's the highest amount I have sadly 😂 I forgot to do the first solution I apologise for that , so far all good , I'll update here if the issue happens again if that's okay

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher Sadly the issue is back on 😞 

HP Recommended

@Jokyjokestoface That's a bummer, no worries, though as I have a few more steps that are sure to resolve the issue for good:

Let's try these steps:

• On your, Key Board press Windows key + X 
  • Press M to open Device Manager 
  • Expand Display adapters 
  • Right-click on the current display adapter 
  • Click Properties 
  • Click on the Driver tab 
  • Click on Rollback driver if the option is available.

[win]+[x] > Power Option > High Performance > Change Power Setting HardDisk -Turn off Hard disk : NEVER Sleep -Hibernate : NEVER

PCI Express- Link : off 3D Settings > Manage 3D Settings > Global > Power Management Mode: Prefer Max Performance NVCP > 3D settings > Manage 3D settings > Global > Multi-Display/Mixed-GPU acceleration: Multi Display Performance Mode Reboot.

Keep me posted

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much! Power and 3D settings worked like a charm! I can't tell you how much this issue bothered me , you're the best!

HP Recommended

@Jokyjokestoface
Thank you for posting back.

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! Stay safe.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.