Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15-cn0003ca

hi! has anyone experience elan eztouchfilter code 10? anyone who have resolved this issue i need help. please thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @bong18,

I am happy to know that the issue has been resolved.  

I also appreciate your time and patience.

Feel free to ask your queries in the future

It was a pleasure assisting you. You have a good day ahead

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @bong18,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

The "Code 10" error for the ELAN EZTouchFilter typically indicates that the driver for the device cannot start. Here are some steps you can try to resolve this issue:

Update the Driver:

• Press Windows + X and select Device Manager.
  • Expand the "Human Interface Devices" or "Mice and other pointing devices" category.
  • Right-click on the ELAN EZTouchFilter device and select Update driver.
  • Choose Search automatically for updated driver software and follow the on-screen instructions.

Roll Back the Driver:

• If updating the driver doesn't work, you can try rolling back to a previous version of the driver.
  • In Device Manager, right-click on the ELAN EZTouchFilter device and select Properties.
  • Go to the Driver tab and select Roll Back Driver if the option is available.

Uninstall and Reinstall the Driver:

• In Device Manager, right-click on the ELAN EZTouchFilter device and select Uninstall device.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Windows should automatically reinstall the driver. If not, you can download the latest driver from the HP website and install it manually.

Check for Windows Updates:

• Make sure your system is up to date by installing any pending Windows updates.

System Restore:

• If the problem started recently, you can try using System Restore to revert your system to a previous state where the touchpad was working correctly.

Check for Hardware Issues:

• If the issue persists, there may be a hardware problem with the touchpad. Contact HP support for further assistance or to schedule a repair if your laptop is still under warranty.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it's possible that there's a more complex underlying problem,

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it's possible that there's a more complex underlying problem.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi! Done all other options you gave me except checking hardware issues. how to check for that? the unit I have supposedly is a touchscreen. hp envy x360 cn0003ca.

HP Recommended

Hi @bong18 ,

To get the hardware diagnostics checked, Click here. follow the instructions carefully. 

Keep me posted. 

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi! update on my concern. i was able to use the touchscreen now. i opened the laptop and checked. screen digitizer wasn't connected that's why it is not working. thank you for your assistance. my only problem now is that it won't read flash drives but wirelss mouse is working.

HP Recommended

Hi @bong18,

I am happy to know that the issue has been resolved.  

I also appreciate your time and patience.

Feel free to ask your queries in the future

It was a pleasure assisting you. You have a good day ahead

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.