Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hdmi not working after windows 10 upgrade

HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I accepted the automatic Windows update v1903 Build 18362.356 on 19-September, but the HDMI port doesnt work anymore. 

I have 2 drivers listed under display adaptors in device manager, AMD Radeon(TM) RS M430 and Intel(R) HD Graphics 620

I have tried updated the AMD driver, rolling it back, and disabling it.

Before the update I could plug my TV into the HDMI port and it would work. Now, before I plug it in, its not listed as an input on my TV, when I do plug it in it is listed, but after a couple of seconds it says there is no signal.

Help much appreciated,

Danny

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,334 11,139 546 574
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hdmi not working after windows 10 upgrade

@agarwald

Try connecting to a different product and check if it works fine.

Let's try these steps here: 

• Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand display adapters>then select the display drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.
  • Check the box that states delete the software for this device.
  • Then restart the computer and update the bios chipset and graphic drivers from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers  after selecting the correct Operating system.

Also, Try tapping FN and F4 key to transfer the image from the computer to the monitor. (While the HDMI cable is connected).

Refer to this document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-15-ay000-notebook-pc-series/10862300/model/11612745/document... for  Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for joining the HP Community.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation