• Γ—
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
  • Γ—
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

how to enable face πŸ”’ 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @yakashds,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you need information using Face Unlock Feature on your HP Notebook PC. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

Please follow the below steps:

Set up facial recognition to sign in to your computer.

NOTE:

This feature is only available for HP computers with an infrared (IR) camera. If you do not see the Face Recognition option in Windows Hello, your computer does not have an IR camera.

• In Windows, search for and open Sign-in options.
  • On the Accounts window, select Windows Hello Face, and then click Set up.
  • Clicking Set up for facial recognition
  • On the Windows Hello welcome screen, click Get started. If a window displays prompting you to verify your identity, type the requested credentials.
  • Look directly at the camera.

NOTE: Make sure no one else is in front of the camera. Facial recognition fails if more than one face is detected.

• Looking directly at the camera for facial recognition
  • If you wore glasses while setting up Windows Hello face recognition, select Improve recognition to go through the setup again without them. This helps the software recognize you with or without your glasses.
  • Clicking on Improve recognition
  • Click Close to complete the process.
  • Facial recognition is set up, and you can sign in by looking directly at your computer screen.

Please refer to this document for more Windows Hello Sign In Features: HP PCs - Set Up Sign-in Options for Windows Hello (Windows 10)

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click β€œAccepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the β€œKudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say β€œThanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.