Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Laptop 13-aq0
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm planning to buy a 144hz monitor, but I'm not sure if my laptop supports this high refresh rate through USB-C.
In the datasheet of the laptop, it does say that the USB-C port supports DisplayPort 1.2 (1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C™ (5 Gb/s signaling rate, Power Delivery 3.0, DisplayPort™ 1.2, HPSleep and Charge)). However, I'm not sure of the maximum refresh rate it runs.

Also, the USB-C port is wired to the integrated GPU (Intel UHD 620) which I believe is capable of running 144hz after doing some research. So, the only missing piece of information is whether the USB-C port supports FHD @ 144hz or not.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes it will work. <the service manual gives a little more detail:

USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C port (supports data transfer, power delivery 3.0, DisplayPort 1.2 [4096 × 2160 at 60 Hz] through Type-C adapter, HDMI 2.0 through adapter, HDCP 2.2 through adapter)*

*Hot plug/unplug and auto detect for correct output to wide-aspect vs. standard aspect video (auto adjust panel resolution to fit embedded panel and external monitor connected

You can go with displayport or with HDMI 2.0,

if you use the HDMI you must make sure the actual monitor supports 144MHz over HDMI.

Hope it helps,

David

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes it will work. <the service manual gives a little more detail:

USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C port (supports data transfer, power delivery 3.0, DisplayPort 1.2 [4096 × 2160 at 60 Hz] through Type-C adapter, HDMI 2.0 through adapter, HDCP 2.2 through adapter)*

*Hot plug/unplug and auto detect for correct output to wide-aspect vs. standard aspect video (auto adjust panel resolution to fit embedded panel and external monitor connected

You can go with displayport or with HDMI 2.0,

if you use the HDMI you must make sure the actual monitor supports 144MHz over HDMI.

Hope it helps,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.