Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for your help. I will try this solution. Please allow me sometime and I will let you know if it has worked.

Best,

Serdar

HP Recommended

Sure @srdrtkn

Let us know how that pans out 🙂

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I did the suggested upgrades regarding the graphics and BIOS a few days ago and it seems that the same problem (screen blinking blank) is still going on. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Best,

Serdar

HP Recommended

@srdrtkn,

I recommend you boot to BIOS and check whether you are able to duplicate the issue in the BIOS?

Also, install all the Windows updates and check if it helps. 

Here is how it is done.

select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update 

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I did what you suggested - updating windows and re-updating BIOS but the same problem is still going on unfortunately. Any other suggestions are more than welcome.

All the best,

Serdar

HP Recommended

@srdrtkn

Try testing the hardware -

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
4. Click Extensive Test.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi. 

Thank you for your reply. I did the test and there seems to be no problem. Please see the attached result. 

Best,

Serdar20200119_183557.jpg

HP Recommended

@srdrtkn 

Thank you for the update.

Please let us know if you are able to access the F11 recovery option.

If you are able to access the f11 recovery option, then you have to perform the system reset.

After performing the system reset, if you are facing same issue. Then you have to perform the recovery.

Note: performing the recovery you will lose the personal data and installed application.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.