Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp W2072a
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

hi guys .

I have hp monitor type W2072a and when i turn my PC i show message like this

{ no DVI signal . no VGA signal }

please help me i want support 

and i tried to remove the RAM and battery and clean any dust in motherboard

i also tried replace the monitor cable and VGA cable but the message still appear to me 

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Sirius_R136a1,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I understand that you that you need assistance with your HP monitor that gives a message "no DVI signal, no VGA signal". I will be delighted to assist you.

A commendable job was done by attempting these troubleshooting steps before posting your question in the HP forums. It is always a great pleasure to work with tech-savvy and technically sound customers like you. Kudos to you for that. I am amazed at your technical skills and levels of technical knowledge.

Please perform a hard reset first of the monitor Steps to do it:

• Disconnect the monitor’s power cord and the cable from the computer.
  • Please press and hold the power button of the computer for about 20 seconds to discharge static electrical charges.
  • Reconnect the power cord and check if the monitor shows the same message no DVI signal no VGA signal without connecting it to the computer.

If it does the monitor displays the same message then there may be nothing wrong with the monitor. If you've tried a different monitor with this computer and if it that hasn't worked you need to get the computer serviced.You could check this link for further assistance: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph05236

If it is an HP computer you could contact HP phone support on http://hp.com/contacthp and follow the on-screen instructions to reach phone support. If it is an older computer HP may not have service options available and you may need to contact a technician locally to get the computer fixed.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. I'm always there to assist you. Please reach out anytime.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Sirius_R136a1,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I understand that you that you need assistance with your HP monitor that gives a message "no DVI signal, no VGA signal". I will be delighted to assist you.

A commendable job was done by attempting these troubleshooting steps before posting your question in the HP forums. It is always a great pleasure to work with tech-savvy and technically sound customers like you. Kudos to you for that. I am amazed at your technical skills and levels of technical knowledge.

Please perform a hard reset first of the monitor Steps to do it:

• Disconnect the monitor’s power cord and the cable from the computer.
  • Please press and hold the power button of the computer for about 20 seconds to discharge static electrical charges.
  • Reconnect the power cord and check if the monitor shows the same message no DVI signal no VGA signal without connecting it to the computer.

If it does the monitor displays the same message then there may be nothing wrong with the monitor. If you've tried a different monitor with this computer and if it that hasn't worked you need to get the computer serviced.You could check this link for further assistance: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph05236

If it is an HP computer you could contact HP phone support on http://hp.com/contacthp and follow the on-screen instructions to reach phone support. If it is an older computer HP may not have service options available and you may need to contact a technician locally to get the computer fixed.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. I'm always there to assist you. Please reach out anytime.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you a lot . Mr DavidSMP . It's my pleasure to work with people like you 
Regards

HP Recommended

best solution ever . take care & regards from me to all the team 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.