Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 22f 22-inch Display
Microsoft Windows 11

I have connected an HP 22f monitor as a second screen to my HP Pavilion laptop.  I used this for just over 12 months and it has recently started to turn off and on again in a fairly random pattern.  I have updated graphics drivers and tried a different HDMI cable.

I have unplugged the monitor overnight from both power and laptop to no effect.  I have also carried a factory reset of the monitor.

Any other suggestions would be useful.

TIA Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Ub6424, thanks for your interest.

I tried my screen on a dusty old laptop I had and it worked fine, so I conclude the screen was ok.  I checked the Nvidia drivers which were described as up to date in Device Manager but I uploaded and installed drivers directly from Nvidia.  I found a w11 update on their site and updated the drivers.  Now screen works fine on my Hp laptop.

Regards, Steve

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @SteveF54 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... 

In many cases one or more capacitors on the monitor power board "are starting" to bloat, but is "still" working.

This could explain the current problem.

Solution 1:

In your case: Service is required !
You should have it serviced by a professional computer (chip level) repair store.

Solution 2Recommendation that saves money in the long run

Bye a new monitor

Please report your results

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Hi Ub6424, thanks for your interest.

I tried my screen on a dusty old laptop I had and it worked fine, so I conclude the screen was ok.  I checked the Nvidia drivers which were described as up to date in Device Manager but I uploaded and installed drivers directly from Nvidia.  I found a w11 update on their site and updated the drivers.  Now screen works fine on my Hp laptop.

Regards, Steve

HP Recommended

Hello @SteveF54 

It's good to hear that it's working now 😊.

My first guess was technical. Most users here in the community have only one computer and sometimes one monitor. Then it is difficult to test.

Good luck

best regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.