Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion 24er
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI, I use a HP external monitor HP 24er with my Asus F555L laptop. At home they work fine, without problems. This morning I moved the two items (laptop and monitor) 80 miles, and now, the ext monitor shows the image but with hundreds of horizontal and vertical coloured lines !  Amazing ... Any advices? Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Aditional Info:

I've connected an old VGA monitor with a RS232 connector and the old monitor works properly.

I've connected the new (18 months old) HP24er monitor with the RS232 cable, and the annoying lines remain ...

HP Recommended

@JCOvi,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Does the issue persist on the BIOS page?

If the issue persists on the BIOS page it is a hardware issue with the display.

I recommend that you review and follow the steps set out in the HP Support document: Display Quality Issues. I think you want to focus your attention on the section Solid horizontal or vertical red, green, or blue line.

Let me know how it goes!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, Jeet_Singh for your reply (it's Sunday!).

I´ve checked the BIOS issue. External Monitor display remains black when the BIOS screens are in the Laptop display. But when I  exit the BIOS and goes to the normal startup procedure, the monitor shows the lines (H+V) again.

Well, I think that the monitor is the main culprit ...

HP Recommended

@JCOvi,

Thanks for the details,

1. If you have an HP computer, update your video drivers from the HP website.

Otherwise, you can get the latest updated video drivers from the video hardware manufacturer's website. The following list shows some of the video hardware websites:

• Check for NVIDIA video driver updates at NVIDIA (in English).

• Check for AMD video driver updates at AMD (in English).

• Check for S3 video driver updates at S3 Graphics (in English).

• Check for Intel video support and downloads, Intel Downloads (in English).

2. If updating the drivers does not correct the problem, the graphics adapter might be damaged.

Let me know how it goes!

Thank you 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Jeet_Singh,

I've contacted qith the monitor's seller (Corte Inglés a spanish big general store) and as the warranty are 24 months they get the monitor and in 10 days I will get a new one...

Thanks for your kind help

HP Recommended

@JCOvi,

I'm glad to hear you were able to contact them and have it replaced. 

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you 😀

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.