12-17-2016 10:22 PM
Trying to run Sketchup, get error message from sketchup that graphics card supports OpenGL version 2.1 and Sketchup requires version 3.0 or greater to run. They suggested updating graphics card driver to correct. not sure how or where to get driver and which driver to use. Current driver is 220.127.116.1100 as identified by Intel system Identification, for "Intel (R) HD Graphics" card, no number or model shown.
12-17-2016 10:39 PM
Your machine uses i3-370M processor
with Intel HD Graphics. The machine is old, please try
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
08-22-2017 05:55 PM - edited 08-22-2017 06:33 PM
hello, inquisitive you
if you have downloaded sketchup 2017 and are receiving the ``require openGL 3.0 or greater`` message when you run it, download sketchup 2016 pro (no need to uninstall 2017) or the cloud version (https://www.sketchup.com/products/my-sketchup if you trust the cloud). Both are availble from the guys at trimble and usually solve this problem on old hardware.
08-21-2019 08:48 AM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!